Samsung at Mobile World Congress on Sunday announced its latest flagship smartphones, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. If you have already see some information about the Galaxy S6 you would be forgiven if you though you had heard it all before because it sounds remarkable similar to the iPhone 6.
All Samsung fans dropped their jaws when they heard about the Galaxy S6 because it is an amazing phone and because it seems like Samsung have stopped trying to cover up their copying of the iPhone.
The Galaxy S6 comes with
- A glass front and back, like the iPhone 4 & iPhone 4s
- A protruding camera, like the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus
- An updated fingerprint scanner that works just like the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus
- Something called "Samsung Pay". They didn't even come up with an original name.
- A metal frame which provides structural strength, like the iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus.
- The S6 comes in black, white & Gold. No Comment!
What is also interesting is that Samsung have decided to remove some features that, in the past, they have used to market against Apple.
- No Micro SD card, Like every iPhone
- No removable battery, Like every iPhone
- No Waterproofing, Like every iPhone
But it is not just in the hardware where Samsung have used Apple's playbook. The Galaxy S6 has 40% fewer features when compared to the Galaxy S5.
It really does seem like Samsung have prioritised the design of the phone over packing in as many features as possible.
There is one thing that is for sure, this is the best iPhone Samsung has ever made.